Celtic Brooches and Irish Shamrock Jewelry
Celtic Brooches are assocated with Medieval Ireland and Britain, a time when metalsmiths had achieved a high skill level in the crafting of celtic jewelry. Today's handcrafted versions evoke this period. It was a time when an ornate brooch signified wealth and importance.
The iconagraphy is typically Celtic featuring shamrocks, harps, Claddagh rings, triskels and such. Our Celtic brooches are commonly worn decoratively to fasten capes, cloaks, shawls and scarves. Celtic brooches are normally circular in shape, feature a long pin attached by its head to a ring and can be either enclosed or open.
The recovery of the Tara brooch in 1850 fueled a revival of interest in Celtic brooches. It is on display in the national muesum and considered a national icon in the same vein as the book of Kells.
A Celtic brooch makes a heartfelt Irish gift.
- Gra Sterling Silve... Gra Sterling Silver Brooch Grá (Irish word for love) is inspired by the love story of Oisín and Niamh in “Tír na nÓg” (The Land of the Young). Assayed by Dublin Castle Sterling Silver Gift Box Included US$109.00
- Large Salmon Of Kn... Large Salmon Of Knowledge Brooch This beautiful brooch design is based on the legend of Finn McCool and the Salmon of Knowledge. The Salmon of Knowledge was caught by Finegas, a poet and teacher of many years. US$139.00
- Pennanular Small B... Pennanular Small Brooch US$49.00
- Standing Stone Sha... Standing Stone Shawl & Hair Pin US$59.00
- Celtic Scroll Brooch Celtic Scroll Brooch US$49.00
- Celtic Wave Brooch Celtic Wave Brooch US$69.00
- Harp Brooch Harp Brooch US$49.00
- Pennanular Brooch Pennanular Brooch The Pennanular brooch is an open circle brooch with a pin that is used to close cloaks and capes, these brooches date back to Celtic times as long ago as the 7th Century A.D. This beautifully detailed brooch comes with a black onyx semi-precious stone.... US$69.00
- Spiral of Life Sha... Spiral of Life Shawl & Hair Pin This beautiful spiral shawl & hair pin celebrates Ireland's rich heritage. Ancient stone carvings such as Newgrange in Co. Meath serve as powerful reminders of our Celtic past... US$59.00
- Summer Sun Brooch Summer Sun Brooch US$49.00
- Tara Brooch Tara Brooch This decorative brooch is inspired by Ireland's iconic Tara brooch. The original dates back to 8th Century Ireland and is one of the most famous pieces of Celtic jewelry. The Tara Brooch was worn as a symbol of status by the High Kings of Ireland a... US$129.00
- Treble Clef Brooch Treble Clef Brooch The treble clef pin symbolizes the unique love of music held by the Irish people. Traditonal Irish music and dance has remained vibrant throughout the centuries - gaining popularity across the world through those who share it. Handcrafted in Al... US$49.00
- Triskele Brooch Triskele Brooch This brooch is influenced by the triskeles found at Newgrange. Evoking the Celtic concept of the domains of material existence- earth, water, and sky, the spiral is an ancient Celtic symbol related to the sun, afterlife and reincarnation. Diame... US$49.00
- Tara Brooch Tara Brooch The Tara brooch is the most iconic of all Irish brooches and a classic example of Bronze Age craftsmanship. The simplicity of its general outline counterpoints an amazing complexity of techniques. This particular Tara brooch is accentuated with black o... From US$129.00
- Harp Shawl & Hair ... Harp Shawl & Hair Pin This hand crafted brooch is perfect for any collection and is synomynous with gifts from Ireland. The Harp has long been a symbol of Ireland, perhaps the legends of its magical powers comes from the time when the bards would sing and tell stories ... US$55.00
- Newgrange Shawl & ... Newgrange Shawl & Hair Pin This versatile, hand crafted Newgrange shawl & hair pin features three spirals or triskele. The triskele is a Celtic symbol found on a number of Irish sites, most notably inside the Newgrange passage tomb, on the entrance stone, and on some of the ... US$55.00
- Celtic Tara Brooch Celtic Tara Brooch Celtic Tara Brooch engraved with silver Celtic art designs and a multitude of native Irish green shades. The brooch is both stylish and beautiful, and would look great with any outfit. Fine Enamel Height: 1.7" Diameter: 1.7&quo... US$29.00
- Equinox Brooch Equinox Brooch Celtic jewelry has a rich heritage that links us to our ancestors and to a way of life that is gone but not forgotten. The Equinox symbol represents the equal lengths of the Spring and Autumn days hence the dual celtic spirals. Handcrafted... US$49.00
- Celtic Shamrock En... Celtic Shamrock Enamel Brooch US$29.00
- Celtic Spiral Broo... Celtic Spiral Brooch This beautiful spiral brooch celebrates Ireland's rich heritage. Ancient stone carvings such as Newgrange in Co. Meath serve as powerful reminders of our Celtic past. The Celtic Spiral represents the natural form of Growth, a symbol of eternal life... US$49.00
- Celtic Triskelle B... Celtic Triskelle Brooch The triskele or triple spiral is a Celtic symbol found on numerous stone carvings throughout Ireland, most predominantly on the stonework throughout the Megalithic site at Newgrange, Co. Meath. It is believed to represent the cycle of life, death and r... US$49.00
- Celtic Warrior Bro... Celtic Warrior Brooch Powerful Celtic tribes lived in and ruled the edge of Western Europe from the 6th Century BC to early AD. A symbol of myths and legends, the Celtic Shield was used by warriors throughout Ireland. These round or oblong shields were decorated with elabor... US$49.00
- Celtic Harp Brooch Celtic Harp Brooch Our gold plated Round Harp Brooch has been crafted in a traditional Irish style. Inlaid with green enamel, featuring the Irish Harp symbol in gold surrounded by Celtic knots. The harp was adopted as the emblem of a free Ireland when it separated from t... US$29.00
- Claddagh Brooch Claddagh Brooch Claddagh Brooch in a colorful finish. The Claddagh heart symbol is highlighted in red with simple Celtic designs complementing either side. The Claddagh is a traditional Irish symbol, given in friendship. The design and customs associated with it o... US$29.00
- Shamrock Brooch Shamrock Brooch It is believed that the Irish shamrock brings good luck to those who wear it. This enamel brooch depicits a shamrock with Trinity knots on each leaf encircled by Celtic knots. A perfect gift from Ireland for someone who loves all things Irish and, in p... US$29.00